WHO WE ARE
Vacation with us...
There are year-round activities on our 660 acre Adirondack Estate:
* Walking trails
* Camping in the forest
* Observation Towers (2)
* Observation Deck
* Star gazing
* Swim in heated pool
* Cross country skiing
* All-terrain vehicle guided tours
* Snowmobile guided tours
* Waterfalls - short hikes
* Visiting with our sled dogs in the dog yard
* Observe wildlife in their natural habitat
* Enjoy our wildlife artwork: Robert Bateman, Seevey, Lester, Terry Redlin, our very own Gary Casagrand and many others. Several paintings of the Iditarod race by the famed artist Jon van Zyle are located throughout the lodge.
* Visit many local attractions - Thousand Islands, Adirondack
Museum, Wild Center, Lake Placid Lympic venues, Saranac Lake, Adirondack Wildlife Refuge.
* Sled dog rides/excursions by specific request
* Visit local waterfalls (short hike)
* Intimate forest weddings
* Several local hiking trails (1-50 miles)
* Canoe and kayak in the many local waterways
Whether you want to interact with the sled dogs, take in all the available activities, or just enjoy the spectacular beauty of Rocky Top's 660 acres by walking, hiking or biking - there is something for everyone to do - there are recliner chairs in various tucked away "pockets of peace", where one can just relax with a good book, surrounded by nature and tranquility...sit on our screened-in-porch, or walk our trails. watch the birds, deer, squirrels, chipmunks and the occasional bear play. Listen to our Siberian Huskies howl to the coy wolf.
Have you ever hear the noise a squirrel makes playing in the dry leaves? Warm yourself in front of the 25ft tall fieldstone fireplace with 3 stained glass inlays and a waterfall. The craftsmanship of Ronnie Robert is without equal. The fireplace is worth a visit.
Vacation with us...
Spencer and Carolyn built Rocky Top, a modern Adirondack Great Camp to afford our guests an experience they will always remember.
Spencer is always on hand for those interested in the sledding history of the Call of the Wild Kennel. Spencer is an Iditarod veteran as well as a veteran of numerous other sledding races and has many, awe-inspiring stories about his amazing sled dogs.
Spencer is also a wealth of knowledge about the Adirondacks.
Guests will leave Rocky Top with memories of tranquility, relaxation, excitement, adventure and new culinary nuances.
The Rocky Top team look forward to welcoming you as our guest as you vacation with us.